- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey, Raw 99% Fat Free
- 1 cup Spiraled Zucchini, Raw
- 1 cup Spinach, Raw
- 1/4 cup Onion, Raw
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 cup crushed TomatoYou may dice them as well for a chunkier texture
- 1 tsp Basil, dry herbYou may substitute for 3 tsp of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan SaltSea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 3 tsp Parsley, RawYou may substitute for 1 tsp dry
- 1 leaf Bay leaf
- 4 sprays Coconut OilThis is to cover the pan so we can saute the onions
Prepare the zucchini by making the spirals, sprinkling 1/4 tsp of salt (the other 1/4 tsp goes in the sauce later) and setting it aside to drain in a colander. Doing this will make your zucchini noodle alot less soggy.
Spray a small pot or skillet with coconut oil and on medium heat put onion and saute until it starts to yellow
To the pot add minced garlic, spinach, salt and ground turkey and cook until the meat is browned and cooked
Lower the heat to low and add the rest of the ingredients to the pot (except the zucchini), stir the ingredients together until well mixed
Simmer on low for at least 20 minutes stirring occasionally (but better if its longer)
You may eat y our zucchini noodles raw topped with the sauce but I like putting them in my sauce for about 5-9 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy! I would love to use your pictures for this recipe page once you make this. I would love to see your variations as well. Happy Cooking!